Archive for the ‘Spa Gift Baskets’ Category
Thursday, October 24th, 2013
It’s never too early to start thinking about gift ideas for the holidays, especially considering we’re halfway through October already. But if you have distant friends or relatives, (or even if they live close by,) you’re likely to at some point encounter the dilemma many gift givers encounter this time of year: “What would they enjoy?”
If your distant friend, relative, or loved one happens to be female, this can further complicate your dilemma (especially if you’re male). Should you go practical and get her something she really needs that will be useful around the house? If so, what does she need? Should you go for something more pampering like a spa gift basket, or would she consider that too gender stereotypical? If so, what types of spa products should it include? What scents would she like? There are so many choices.
Practical vs. Pampering: the gift giver’s dilemma
If you’re male and looking for gifts for women, your first inclination may be to shy away from the typically feminine gifts such as spa gift baskets and go practical simply because you just don’t feel you know enough about the spa and bath industry to select the right spa gift. Going practical with your gift giving this year may seem like the ideal solution, but practical gifts can backfire just as easily. Just ask the guy who bought a bucket and mop for his wife for Christmas 20 years ago how that worked out.
If your practical gift is something she’s specifically requested from you or has hinted at on more than one occasion as to its ability to make her life easier, than all is well. Otherwise, it’s a shot in the dark, and you may be better off with something more pampering and lifestyle-oriented.
Selecting a pampering gift
If you decide to go with a pampering, lifestyle-oriented gift, you may find yourself back at your original question: what would she enjoy? If you don’t know much about the spa and bath industry, keep in mind that there are two staples when it comes to pampering gifts: gift cards to a local day spa and home spa gift baskets. While the idea of receiving a professional massage appeals to some women, others are put off by the idea of being touched by a stranger. If you suspect this may be the case with the person for whom you are shopping, a luxury spa gift basket may be the better choice.
“But what type of spa gift basket?” you may wonder. There are so many from which to choose, and so many factors to consider when deciding what types of spa products it should include. Here are a few tips for selecting the perfect spa gift basket for your female friend, relative, or significant other:
- Don’t cheap out. Going to the nearest department store may seem like the quickest and easiest solution, but if the person for whom you are shopping is knowledgeable about skin care, doing so can come across as tacky. Many mass retailers of skin care products offer only products made with synthetic ingredients, including chemicals and preservatives that can be very bad for the skin. So, unless you know which ingredients to look for and which to avoid, it is better to go with natural spa gift baskets. Besides, natural spa products are all the more luxurious, and can really show that you put time and effort into your gift.
- Consider her age and ethnicity. We’ve found that women in different age groups and ethnic groups tend to prefer different scents. Consult our gift guide to see the results of our research on aromatherapy scents and age groups and demographics. In general, we’ve found that women belonging to Generation X and Y tend to prefer our Sweet Dreams (Lavender and Vanilla) aromatherapy essential oil blend, while Baby Boomer and Greatest Generation women tend to prefer our Bathsheba Rosewood Rose aromatherapy blend. Our Jubilee (Bergamot and Pink Grapefruit) aromatherapy blend is very popular among African American women (and men too!)
- Consider her lifestyle. Ethnicity and age group don’t always give you the whole picture. These days, many women in their late 30s and early 40s are just starting to have children, whereas 20-30 years ago women of this same age group were more likely to have children in their teens or even adult children. As such, these women may prefer a spa gift basket specifically geared towards new moms such as our Sweet Escape Gift Basket or our New Mom Gift Basket. If she’s into natural anti-aging solutions, our Dead Sea Spa Gift Basket may be of interest.
Chocolate Spa Gifts: the perfect pampering combination
We also offer several holiday-themed spa gift baskets for both men and women, to include our popular Happy Birthday Spa Gift Basket and Slice of Life Gift Basket (both of which feature a unique assortment of chocolate scented spa products.) We also offer a Holiday Spa Gift Basket that includes our Coffee Cocoa Body Scrub and our Key Lime Pie Slice Soap, as well as several decorative soaps from which to choose. (Check out our Lavender Bon Bons.)
We’ve set aside all of next week to make fresh batches of our Chocolate Cake Slice Soap (included in our Slice of Life and Happy Birthday Gift Baskets,) and our Fruit Cake Slice Soap as each takes approximately six weeks to cure and harden. They were both very popular last holiday season, so we want to make sure we have enough to satisfy everyone this year. If you’re interested, be sure to order yours while supplies last!)
If you have any questions about our spa gift baskets, or need help selecting the perfect gift this holiday season, please contact us and/or view our gift guide. Happy gift giving!
Wednesday, September 25th, 2013
A few weeks ago, we talked about decorative soap and gave you a few ideas on how to use them. Now, we’d like to share a particularly unique decorative soap design we offer: one dozen roses.
These unique little soaps actually look like a bouquet of one dozen roses when assembled, and give you the ability to use them as a decoration and as soap at the same time. Here’s how:
1. First, assemble your dozen roses. If you purchase our Dozen Friendship Roses (scented in the essential oil of bergamot), your roses will come pre-attached to their stems, and a base (which also functions as a bar of soap) will be included. See assembly instructions below:
|Use a stick or other similar item to poke holes in the flower pot soap in the following configuration.
||Next, remove roses from plastic and bow. Place each rose in one of the holes, with the longest stem in the center hole.
||If the stems do not fit properly in the pot holes, microwave the pot – full pot soap side up – for less than one minute or warm it in an oven.
You may want to allow the pot to sit and harden for a few hours. Start arranging the stems once the pot has cooled and hardened. The pot contains both herbs and soap in a cupcake oven-safe dish.
2. Place your assembled dozen roses near your bathroom or kitchen sink. If you purchase our Vanilla Musk Roses* please keep in mind that these do not come with a flower pot base, so you will need to use a vase or other container to create your rose soap bouquet. You may even want to try this with our Dozen Friendship Roses, even though they come with their own base. See the video below for ideas on how to decorate your bathroom or kitchen with Vanilla Musk Roses.
3. Start using your dozen roses. To begin using your roses as soap, simply detach one of the roses from its stem (they separate easily) and place it in your soap dish. Your dozen roses should retain their scent for up to two months, and should last a family of five up to six months.
*Additional info about our Vanilla Musk Roses: Our Vanilla Musk Roses were originally created as an exclusive Valentine’s Day gift, and were offered in your choice of dark chocolate or vanilla musk. Both scents were a huge success, and the Vanilla Musk Roses particularly so. So we decided to make both versions available year-round as part of our decorative soap collection.
Thursday, August 29th, 2013
With the kids off to school, it’s time for a little luxurious pampering!
The new academic year is approaching rapidly for those with school-aged or college-aged children. This means you’ll soon have some time to yourself again, so why not start planning for a day of luxurious pampering. After all the hard work you’ve done this summer to keep your kids occupied, keep the house clean, and keep the bills paid, you deserve a break!
If you want to feel pampered, a day at the spa is always a good start – or even better yet, turn your home into your own personal spa with one of these luxurious handmade spa gift baskets.
The Sweet Escape Spa Gift Basket , originally intended as a Mother’s Day gift basket, is the perfect pampering indulgence for mothers of school-aged children, as it includes a unique selection of aromatherapy spa products scented in Castle Baths’ soothing Sweet Dreams essential oil blend of lavender and vanilla. This particular aromatherapy blend has proven very popular among Generation Y/Millenial women.
If you’re a mother of college-aged children, the Enchanted Evening Spa Gift Basket , also originally a Mother’s Day gift basket, is likely to be the perfect choice for you! It includes a wide variety of natural spa products scented in Castle Baths’ Bathsheba aromatherapy essential oil blend of rosewood and pure rose absolute for romance-inspiring sensations. The Enchanted Evening Spa Gift Basket has proven extremely popular among Baby Boomer and Generation X women.
At Castle Baths, we treat every day as Mother’s Day, because you need more than just one day per year to take time off to pamper yourself and relax!
If gift baskets aren’t your cup of tea, perhaps you would prefer some pampering spa products you can enjoy with your significant other, such as natural massage oils or bath oils. The quiet hours when the kids are away at school is also the perfect time to indulge in an anti-aging mud mask or body scrub.
Whatever you decide, make sure you make time for yourself during the upcoming weeks. Relaxation and pampering aren’t just indulgences, they’re necessities for maintaining your physical and mental health during your hectic schedule!
Thursday, June 6th, 2013
It’s hard to believe it’s going to be Father’s Day in only a week and a half. It feels like it was Mother’s Day just last weekend, so we at Castle Baths certainly can understand if you’re behind on your efforts to find a father’s day gift. “What should I get, and where?” you may be wondering as you shop around frantically. “Power tools?” “Clothes?” Aren’t those what everybody gets their dad for Father’s Day?
If you’ve been looking for a unique and unconventional Father’s Day gift, have you considered a spa gift basket from Castle Baths? You probably haven’t, and, like a lot of people, consider spa gift baskets to be firmly in the realm of feminine gifts, but you may be surprised to learn that Castle Baths attracts a fair number of male customers too!
Spa products and spa gift baskets for men are a growing trend in the natural bath and body industry, as more and more men come to realize the value of a good moisturizing and skin care routine. To meet this growing demand, Castle Baths has singled out numerous products likely to appeal to men, and particularly so, to dads. You can view them all on our gifts for dad page. (Be sure to check out our Bay Rum Soap, which has been very popular among men who remember it as the scent of classic downtown barber shops.)
We’re also offering two special deals available until Father’s Day (June 16.) Our Dead Sea Anti-Aging Spa Gift Basket is on sale at 30% off our regular price, and we’re offering FREE guest-size bars of our Dead Sea Salt Soap with all purchases over $25.
We at Castle Baths wish you a very happy Father’s Day, and encourage you to treat dad to something special this year.
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
If you’ve ever wished that Castle Baths had a gift guide to help you decide which of our spa gift baskets work best for which occasions, your wish has been granted. We are currently working to bring greater organization to our many natural spa and bath gift baskets to help people like you find and select the perfect gift for every occasion.
Want to know which of our spa gift baskets make the best birthday gifts? Find the answer by going to our homepage and clicking the “gift guide” link near the top, and then select the “birthday” icon on our gift guide page. It will take you directly to where you can learn more about our birthday spa gift baskets, at which point you will see that we offer several spa gift baskets featuring our popular chocolate cake slice soap (which really does look and smell just like a slice of real chocolate cake – don’t try eating it, though, as it is really soap.) Some of our recommended birthday spa gift baskets even include a small candle to provide you with the experience of blowing out a candle with your cake, or to set a quiet, secluded mood to your bathroom or kitchen.
In addition to our new birthday category, another new category you will find in our gift guide is our inspirational spa gift baskets. Our inspirational spa gift baskets category features nearly all of our gift baskets that include one or more Prayer scented spa products, our Easter spa baskets, and baskets that include Castle Baths Founder Laura Thomas’ autobiographical spiritual book How to Have Purr-fect Faith.
Additionally, though you will find no shortage of natural pet grooming products throughout our site, you may wish to know if we offer any pet-related products for people. To answer this question, simply visit our gift guide and go to the “pet lovers” category. You’ll find our Anna Designer Pet Gift Baskets, plus our specialty Fat Cat and Fat Dog soaps, which can be used as functioning natural soap bars, or as decorations (or both!)
If you find yourself scrolling through our gift guide and still not finding the holiday or occasion for which you are hoping to purchase and send a spa gift basket, you may wish to check out our “other occasions” category, where you will find information on our friendship gift baskets, “miss you” gift baskets, and all other spa gift baskets that don’t fit neatly into any of our other categories. For example, say you were looking for a spa gift basket to send to your niece who just graduated from college. After visiting our “other” category, you’ll see we offer a special gift basket targeted specifically to 20-somethings called our Slice of Life Gift Basket (which also happens to be one of our baskets to feature a collection of chocolate spa products.)
As always, if you still have any questions or concerns about our gift guide, products, or spa gift baskets, you can always call or e-mail us. We are more than happy to help you anyway we can!
Thursday, May 2nd, 2013
If you haven’t visited Castle Baths recently, you may wish to do so, as we are offering two new, exclusive Mother’s Day Gift Baskets, both of which are on sale for 20% off! In fact, we’re offering ALL our spa gift baskets at a 20% discount until the last Friday before Mother’s Day (May 10.)
Our two new Mother’s Day gift baskets aren’t just random collections of natural spa products either. The spa products and aromatherapy scents we have chosen for each of our Mother’s Day gift baskets are the result of our extensive research into which products and scents different demographics of mothers actually prefer and use. For example, our new Sweet Escape Gift Basket contains a collection of our Sweet Dreams spa products, which have been proven to appeal to young (Gen. Y) mothers. Our Enchanted Evening Gift Basket, on the other hand, contains a collection of our Bathsheba products, which have proven extremely popular with mothers of adult children.
The idea behind our Sweet Escape Mother’s Day gift basket is that its recipient, as a young mother, is likely to have children aged 2 through school age. As such, the only peace and quiet she may find throughout the day may be in the confines of her bathroom. So, we thought we’d help turn that bathroom into a luxurious spa retreat where she can relax and remember, “I exist!” Sweet Dreams, as our relaxing and soothing aromatherapy blend, in addition to being our most preferred scent among young mothers, accomplishes this goal quite nicely.
Our Enchanted Evening Mother’s Day gift basket is intended for moms who are trying to avoid the dreaded “empty nest” feeling. After caring for children for 18 years with little to no time to consider her own needs, she probably needs help remembering how to pamper herself, and how to feel sexy and beautiful. Bathsheba, our mature romantic aromatherapy scent, seemed the most appropriate choice to accomplish this task, especially given that it is also the most preferred scent among mature mothers.
Don’t worry, we haven’t neglected expecting mothers! Our New Mom Gift Basket is filled with natural spa products from our Passion aromatherapy line to help expecting mothers and mothers of newborns feel sexy again.
We’re even offering you the opportunity to win one of our Mother’s Day Gift Baskets for FREE! Our Sweet Escape Gift Basket is our featured gift basket for our Mother’s Day Giveaway! Just follow the instruction on our giveaways page for how to enter (it’s free to sign up) and learn how you can increase your chances of winning by engaging with Castle Baths via social media.
Castle Baths is pleased to be able to offer you these exclusive Mother’s Day Gift Baskets for all stages of motherhood. Order yours today and have it well in time for Mother’s Day!
Thursday, March 28th, 2013
Looking for a last-minute Easter Basket idea? Do you need to find a vegan and/or gluten free Easter gift basket? If you haven’t been having much luck finding the perfect gift basket for Easter and feel you’re running out of time, Castle Baths may have a solution for you: a vegan and gluten-free Easter spa gift basket.
Castle Baths’ Easter Gift Basket contains one 6oz bottle of natural hand and body lotion, and one 6oz bottle of massage oil, scented in the floral, fruity aroma of Prayer. Our Prayer essential oil blend is ideal for helping to calm the mind and help you reach a spiritual, meditative peace. It also includes a small bath tub and an Easter greeting card, in which you can request a custom, handwritten message for no extra cost!
For those who prefer bath products over body moisturizers, we also offer an Easter Salt Gift Bag, which features our Sexy Eucalyptus Dead Sea Bath Salts, packaged in a decorative gift bag with an Easter greeting card. The aroma of Eucalyptus is both energizing and sensual for a fun and exciting Easter holiday, and Dead Sea Salt has many skin care benefits too! It will help detoxify your skin’s pores and moisturize by infusing your skin with much needed minerals. Experience renewal in the tub with this all natural yet powerful cleansing sea salt blend. As with our Easter Gift Basket, you may request a custom, handwritten message for the included Easter greeting card at no extra cost.
Both of these Easter gift ideas are vegan, gluten free, and won’t add any calories to your diet (they’re spa products, after all, not food) so they make great alternative Easter Basket ideas for people with dietary sensitivities.
We at Castle Baths wish you a very happy Easter, and hope you will find joy and renewal this holiday, whether it be in church, with family and friends, and/or in the bathtub with one of our Easter gift basket ideas! Be sure to check back with us next week too, as we’ll be starting another giveaway contest!
Thursday, January 24th, 2013
When it comes to selecting a romantic Valentine’s Day gift for your girlfriend or wife, spa products are always a staple. But, if you’re a guy, chances are you’re not all that up-to-date on the latest home spa and cosmetics trends for women. So how do you proceed? Sure, you could go into your nearest Bath & Body Works and ask a sales associate to recommend something, grab it, go through express checkout, and be done shopping in about half an hour. But what does taking this course of action really say about you? That you took the time and effort to get your significant other something you know she’ll enjoy? Or that you almost forgot all about Valentine’s Day and rushed to purchase the cheapest and quickest gift you could find on such short notice?
Chances are, she’ll interpret it to be the latter, especially once she notices that you forgot to cut the price tag off the bottom. So, if you do decide to go with spa products this Valentine’s Day, be sure to do your homework before you buy. Or, if you feel embarrassed about potentially being seen researching such a feminine topic on the Internet, just take a look at the suggestions below.
- Go natural. Nothing says, “I love you” quite like a collection of bottles filled with cancer-causing chemical soup, right? Handmade, natural spa products make for a much more romantic (and healthful) gift than the synthetic, chemical-based products you’re likely to find in box stores. Many creators of handmade, natural spa products operate exclusively online, so you can shop around from the comfort of your home, and some will even offer you perks such as a free Valentine’s Day card with a custom, handwritten message, and free shipping.
- Consider a gift basket. Not sure what she’d like. Give her some of everything. Natural spa gift baskets make great romantic gifts, and some can be enjoyed by both the giver and the recipient. For example, Castle Baths’ Love Gift Basket includes one 8oz bottle of natural massage oil, scented in a sexy aromatherapy blend of essential oils. Conclude the evening by offering her a sensual massage using the oil you have given her, and then let her do the same for you!
- Three words: chocolate spa products. Chocolate, especially dark chocolate is another staple Valentine’s Day gift. But before you go and buy that box of chocolates like every other guy in line ahead of you at the store, consider thinking outside the box (literally) when it comes to your gift this year and give her some chocolate-scented spa products. Chocolate-scented natural spa products combine these two classic Valentine’s gifts into one. Also, did you know that dark chocolate is good for the skin? Consider this Cocoa Body Butter or Coffee Cocoa Body Scrub (pictured right.)
- Soap is always useful. If you don’t know her tastes or she isn’t a big spa aficionado, handmade, patterned bars of natural soap are usually a safe bet. She can use it in the tub, in the kitchen, or just as a decorative item if the soap is patterned. You can even find chocolate-scented patterned soaps such as Castle Baths’ new Valentine’s Day Rose Soap Bouquet, available in your choice of dark chocolate or vanilla musk with a hint of white chocolate.
- Be tactful with anti-aging spa products. Anti-aging spa products make great gifts so long as you do not draw too much attention to the fact that they are anti-aging. While she’s sure to appreciate and use the products you give her, she may interpret it as a subliminal message that you consider her less attractive. This is, most likely, not the case, and indeed, a good anti-aging moisturizing cream can benefit anyone, even people in their 20s. But to avoid any miscommunication during your romantic evening, it’s best you stick with natural, herbal anti-aging products if you choose to go this route for your gift. Natural anti-aging products, as opposed to the often less-than-effective “cosmeceuticals” sold in beauty stores, are more like good preventative care than purported miracle cures for wrinkles, and, when used regularly, can help delay the onset of many physical signs of aging. So why not give her a spa gift basket like this Tre’Yours Dead Sea Spa Gift Basket that says, “I want to preserve us, our relationship, and this moment forever,” instead of one that simply says, “You look old.”
Finding the perfect romantic gift doesn’t have to be difficult, especially when you keep these tips in mind during your search. Have a happy, romantic Valentine’s Day this year, and many more to come!
Thursday, January 17th, 2013
Fill out the form below to enter! There’s no cost, and you could win a FREE box of our new Valentine’s Day Rose Bouquet Soaps!
What do you get when you combine a dozen roses, chocolate, and luxurious natural soaps and spa products? The answer is: Castle Baths’ new Valentine’s Day Rose Bouquet Soap. This Castle Baths specialty gift item gives you 12 rose-shaped natural soaps scented in your choice of dark chocolate or a musky vanilla with a hint of white chocolate. The product went live on Castle Baths’ website on Monday, January 14, 2013.
As its title suggests, the product was developed as a Valentine’s Day gift idea for women – one that could serve as an alternative to the cliche box of chocolates or dozen real roses.
“The idea was to give men who were uncertain what to get their sweethearts for Valentine’s Day or who wanted to give a gift that was different from what everybody gives a unique alternative,” said Castle Baths owner and product developer Laura Thomas. “A bouquet of real roses might be a romantic gift, but it’s something almost everybody does around Valentine’s Day. But you won’t find these chocolate soap roses anywhere else. Plus, 12 bars of soap are a lot more useful than 12 cut roses when you consider your gift choices from a practical standpoint.”
Unlike some of Castle Baths other gift items targeted towards Valentine’s Day, such as their Love Spa Gift Basket, which is available for purchase year-round, this particular gift item will only be available until February 14. Afterwards, it will be taken off Castle Baths’ website, not to be seen again until one month before Valentine’s Day 2014.
To promote the new, intentionally short-lived gift item, Castle Baths is hosting a social media giveaway. Those interested in receiving their Valentine’s Day Rose Soap Bouquet for free are encouraged to take the social media actions listed on Castle Baths’ giveaway page in order to increase their chances of being a winner. After signing up using the form below, the only required action is that all participants comment on this blog post. NO SPAM! – Comments deemed to be spam will be deleted and result in ineligibility to win the current contest.
Not sure what to comment about? Here’s a start: Do you think your significant other would prefer our Valentine’s Roses in their dark chocolate or vanilla musk scents? Be sure to check back with us next week for more Castle Baths news and tips and especially so once Valentine’s Day is over – as we will be announcing the winner within two weeks after February 14!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday, December 21st, 2012
(with apologies to Major Henry Livingston)
T’was the night before Christmas
And all through the spa
There was peace and contentment
And feelings of “Ahhhh….”
All the spa gifts were packaged and bundled with care
Filled with fragrant aromas of Passion and Prayer
All the spa-goers were nestled all snug in their beds
While visions of body scrubs danced in their heads
And I in my bathrobe with soap in my hand
Had just settled into my Dead Sea Salt Bath.
Merry Christmas from Castle Baths!
Castle Baths will be closed December 24 and 25 in observance of the Christmas Holiday. We will re-open December 26.