You've probably already experienced the benefits of Apricot Kernel Oil for skin care, but you may not remember it. It is a prime ingredient in almost all baby skin care products (such as diaper rash creams) thanks to its gentle, hypoallergenic nature. It's also one of the best facial oils on the market for adult skin care, particularly when used in its unrefined, cold-pressed form. Our unrefined, cold-pressed Apricot Kernel Oil is ideal for most any dry-skin-related anti-aging concern, to include dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, fine lines and wrinkles, and generally dry, parched, or irritated skin.
- Non-irritating and soothing - Apricot Oil succeeds where other oils fall short, especially when dealing with sensitive, irritated skin.
- Not too light, not too heavy... just right! Apricot Oil's slightly higher comedogenicity (oiliness) rating makes it the perfect oil for dry yet also sensitive skin. (It even has, dare we say it, a golden color.)
- Won't leave a greasy residue behind despite its slightly higher comedogenicity - this is also why it makes such a popular massage oil.
- Very similar in composition to the natural sebum oil your body produces, making Apricot Oil great for regulating skin metabolism and cell turnover.
- Airtight aluminum bottle preserves oil's nutrients and freshness
- Lasts a while - you only need 2-5 drops when using Apricot Oil as a facial oil, and this bottle gives you a full 4 oz!
- Rich in age-fighting antioxidants
What's the big deal about aluminum bottles?
Skin care oils stored in plastic bottles will react with the plastic and cause some of the oil to seep into the plastic molecules while simultaneously causing some of the plastic molecules to leech out into the oil. Many plastic bottles are made with endocrine disruptive chemicals (meaning chemicals that have been linked to reproductive issues, birth defects, and cancer) such as bisphenol A and phthalates. We advise you to always look for opaque, non-plastic bottles that are also preferably airtight when shopping for oils. Oxidation from sunlight and air exposure will destroy a skin care oil's nutrients.
A word about acne
Contrary to popular belief, most skin care oils do not cause acne. In fact, many are helpful in re-balancing your skin's oil production and shutting off the oil slick that's been fueling your acne. Apricot Oil, however, is not one of them. As stated above, this oil IS slightly comedogenic so it's not the best oil to use on skin that is already oily or acnetic. If you're interested in trying facial oils for acne, we recommend Sunflower Oil.
Ingredients: Organic Cold-Pressed Apricot Kernel OilFatty Acids Palmitic Acid- 4 - 7.5 Oleic Acid- 62 - 76 Linoleic Acid- 19 - 33