Spa and Bath Product Ingredients Certified & Organic
Castle Baths’ spa and bath product lines are entirely handmade, and contain organic ingredients to include: Certified Organic Shea Butter, Certified Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Certified Organic and Certified Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Certified Organic Jojoba Oil, Certified Organic Almond Oil, Certified Organic Macadamia Nut Oil and more!
About where we purchase and how we purchase our Ingredients:
Being disabled is not fun; being sick isn't either. Keeping products natural and free of man-made chemicals is the number one place to start when thinking about your health.
That's why we make every effort to use and purchase Certified Organic Oils and Butters for all products, and, we insist that our suppliers provide proof of certification showing current up to date product and facility certificates to include Certification of Fair Trade Products.
We use, certified organic, wild-crafted, certified fair trade and or authentic for ALL of our natural ingredients.
In addition, we believe in the fair trade commission and only use ethical vendors and manufacturers, purchasing our supplies from American families, American small businesses, and American farmers to help stimulate America and families. Some of our ingredients such as Dead Sea Salts come from an American vendor, but were originally purchased from an ethical vendor overseas.
There are only a few ingredients we use that cannot be produced in the United States, which we purchase from overseas companies, and we hold our overseas suppliers accountable to the same environmental and fair labor standards as our American suppliers. We will only purchase from an overseas vendor when it is unavoidable, and after we have verified they are not manufacturing their products in sweat shops or participating in any other unfair activities.
As a signer of The Compact For Safe Cosmetics, Castle Baths pledges
That all of the cosmetics and personal care products made by Castle Baths will meet the standards and deadlines set by the EU Directive 76/768/EEC to be free of chemicals that are known or strongly suspected of causing cancer, mutation or birth defects.
We support the Compact for the Global Production of Safe Health and Beauty Products and for healthier cosmetics and personal care products!
Therefore, we can easily meet your needs for
- Sensitive Skin Spa and Bath Products
- Propylene Glycol Free Spa and Bath Products
- Paraben Free Spa and Bath Products
- Formaldehyde Free Spa and Bath Products
- Sulfate Free Spa and Bath Products
- Petroleum Free Spa and Bath Products
- Mineral Oil Free Spa and Bath Products
- Hypo-Allergenic Spa and Bath Products
- Alcohol Free Spa and Bath Products
- Cruelty Free Spa and Bath Products
Spa Product Ingredients we use most often:
Exotic butters and oils as follows:
- Mango Butter
- Certified Organic Shea Butter
- Hemp Butter
- Coffee Butter
- Avocado Butter
- Certified Organic and Certified Fair Trade Cocoa Butter
- Certified Organic and Certified Fair Trade Olive Oil
- Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil
- Cold Pressed Hazelnut Oil
- Certified Organic Macadamia Nut Oil
- Certified Organic Avocado Oil
- Certified Organic Almond Oil
- Certified Organic Apricot Oil
- Certified Organic Evening Primrose Oil
- Certified Organic Jojoba Oil - shortage currently of this oil
- Cold Pressed Rice Bran Oil
- Certified Organic Coconut Oil
- Certified Organic Sunflower Oil
- Certified Organic Palm Oil
Other Ingredients We use:
- Goats Milk in some of Our Pet Soaps
- Cucumber Extract - Certified Organic Cucumber Hydrosol
- Dead sea brine (dead sea water)
- Green Tea - Certified Organic Dao RenTea
- Organic Rose Hydrosol
- Aloe Vera
- Natural Glycerin
- Seaweed Extract - Certified Organic Wakame Flakes
We preserve ALL our Natural Products requiring preservation with Geogard® Ultra. Geogard® Ultra is accepted by ECOCERT as a preservative in certified organic cosmetics.
Castle Baths wants to educate the cosmetic customer!
Natural Products should not be stored in the bathroom where temperatures go up and down with humidity. For the longest freshest use, store in a cool, dark area.
Many natural companies claim they do not use preservatives in their products. BEWARE, even if they claim they use only natural preservatives!
Three popular natural preservatives (which really are not preservatives at all) are as follows:
- Vitamin E - a well-known powerful antioxidant with great anti-aging properties, but it is NOT a preservative!
- Grapefruit Seed Extract - Most sources of Grape Seed Extract have been reported to show the GSE is adulterated with parabens, triclosan, and or benzethonium chloride. It is the adulteration that is actually causing the preservation; therefore, this is not natural at all! Here is a study undertaken by the USDA: http://www.terressentials.com/takeokagrapefruitseed.pdf
- Rosemary Extract: Once oil is exposed to air or water , it's shelf life is shortened. Rosemary extract, being rich in antioxidants, prevents a large portion of the oxygen from attaching to the free fatty oils, thereby giving a product a longer shelf life, but not one over 6 months from production! Note: most commercial products actually are built for a 2 year shelf life, derived from chemical preservatives. Chemicals are not good for the skin! ROE it is NOT a preservative!
Here is a six-month test we performed on one of our hand and body lotions without adding any of the above preservatives, for testing purposes only. No preservatives = cooties for sure! We added Vitamin E and ROE to our retail batches to keep this from happening again.
Castle Baths uses:
Geogard® Ultra - accepted by ECOCERT as a preservative in certified organic cosmetics.
Geogard® Ultra is a natural preservative that is a combination of the naturally-occurring food additive glucono delta lactone, which is derived from corn, and the food-grade preservative sodium benzoate, which is made from the sodium salt of benzoic acid, along with a trace amount of calcium gluconate as a processing agent. You'll won't find growth and cooties in our products!
Labels of Products Ingredients per product
By law, the USDA requires certification to use the term "organic" for a product! We are working towards acquiring this seal.
NOTE: When we bring in a new product for trial run, we may use un-certified organic ingredients. Those products are listed as such in the online ingredient list. Once a product and scent is proven, we usually produce 1 or 2 batches, and then the ingredients are converted to organic, and will be listed as such. If you want a product and are confused about the organic versus not, please fell free to call and ask us to share.