Spa Solutions For Cracked Heels
If the skin on your heels appears laden with yellow or dark lesions and/or feels rough, itchy, or painful, you may be one of the many people suffering from the foot problem known as cracked heels. If your heels begin to bleed and/or stick to the insides of your socks, chances are you're long overdue for a thorough foot care spa regimen.
What Causes Cracked Heels?
Cracked heels, though they may look and feel terrible, are really nothing more than a very advanced case of dry skin. Many people experience cracked heels during winter, when outdoor temperatures cause the air to become crisp and dry. Efforts to heat homes during the winter can also cause or aggravate cracked heels by drying out indoor air as well. Cracked heels can also develop during the summer months when frequent wearing of sandals or flip-flops can cause the skin of the heel to flatten out, and thus, increase the pressure on it to crack. People with naturally dry/dehydrated skin are also at increased risk of their heels cracking.
What Can I do to Help My Cracked Heels?
Follow the skin care regimen detailed below, using the products included in our Cracked Heels Spa Solution Kit. If you do not see improvement within several days, consult a podiatrist, as you may have developed a more serious problem than a simple case of dry skin.
Follow these steps to soothe your cracked heels:
- Prepare a foot bath with warm water and add Dead Sea Foot Salts, scented in your preferred aromatherapy blend. Soak your feet in the bath for 20 minutes.
- Scrub your heels using our Mediterranean Breeze Bath Scrub or the scrub of your choice so long as it is a Dead Sea Salt Scrub and not a Brown Sugar Scrub. Do not worry - the salt should not sting or irritate any open sores.
- Use a foot callous remover or loofah to exfoliate any lingering dried skin on your heels.
- Massage your heels with the Body Butter of your choice (We've inlcluded our Lavender Body Butter in our Cracked Heels Spa Kit.) This will help re-soften and smooth the skin on your heels and also help to draw additional moisture into your skin from the surrounding air.
Purchase everything you'll need to get your feet feeling better, and at a discounted price, when you order our Cracked Heels Spa Kit.
This spa solution kit includes:
- one 2oz Mediterranean Breeze Bath Scrub
- one 2oz Aloe Body Butter
- one 16oz Champagne-style bottle of Dead Sea Foot Salts
- and one foot callous remover